My Saratoga House Smells Like Smoke, What Can I Do?
SERVPRO of Saratoga Springs/Gansevoort Can Help You Remove the Smell of Fire Damage!
One of the worst feelings a Saratoga homeowner can face is the aftermath of fire damage. You may feel hopeless and like you have lost so much, but never give up. There is help nearby, and the damage may not be as bad as it seems.
Imagine a scenario where, after extensive fire damage restoration, your Saratoga home finally looks like it did before everything happened. However, what can you do if it still smells like smoke, even weeks later? Sometimes restorations are not as thorough as they should be but don't worry. We're here for you at SERVPRO.
Why Does My House Still Smell Like Fire?
The malodor of burning plastics, wood, and other materials can linger in the air for weeks after a fire, and it could happen because:
- The malodor was not dealt with on a particle level, using advanced equipment
- Putrid smells linger behind on the walls, and sealant paint is needed
- Bits of greasy soot may have been missed, trapping the odor
Here at SERVPRO, we're committed to removing all the signs of fire damage that we can. It is always our goal to leave your home feeling like it did before the fire happened. Our Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration-certified technicians can identify problem areas and use advanced equipment to remediate the damage.
What Can SERVPRO Do That The Previous Company Didn't?
Our technicians have access to advanced equipment that can help reduce and remove lingering odors. We can:
- Use hydroxyl generators to eliminate volatile organic compounds from the air
- Use thermal foggers to trap scent-causing particles and neutralize them
- Set up air scrubbers with HEPA filters to filter the malodor out of the particles in the air and trap them
- Use sealant paints
Here at SERVPRO, we want to help you make your home feel like it did before the fire.
If your home still smells like fire damage even weeks later, give us a call today! Dial (518) 580-1111 to speak with a representative of SERVPRO of Saratoga Springs/Gansevoort. We're ready to help.