Things Storm Restoration Pros Look for During Inspection
Your home's ability to rebuild after being damaged by bad weather depends on how accurately the danger signs are detected.
Because undetected issues cannot be properly resolved, the structural integrity of your property will not be fully restored if one or two causes for concern are not found.
To find problems, SERVPRO storm damage restoration experts always look for the following:
- Broken roof components: During a full external inspection, experts actively check for signs of wear such as loose shingles and damaged sheet metal parts.
- Gutter fault: Experienced storm damage specialists fear clogged and loosened gutters and downspouts. Since gutter problems sooner or later cause water damage, they have the highest priority for inspection and repair.
- Wet spots on the ceiling: If the roof is leaking, the easiest way to find out in fair weather is in the attic. Water intrusion must have left traces of its existence. Dark streaks on ceilings and walls, damp insulation, damp values, and mold growth indicate a leak.
- Broken siding panels: Siding issues are always bad news, but a rift requires immediate attention. If left undetected and untested, they pave the way for water intrusion and are an open invitation to wildlife.
- Chipped windows: Storm damage repair experts look for paint damage. This is one of the most common consequences of constant exposure to moisture. While this is just a cosmetic issue, it can quickly become structural if water gets into the subfloor during bad weather.
SERVPRO can perform a thorough assessment of your home after a storm to uncover any issues. To schedule your inspection, contact SERVPRO of Saratoga Springs, Gansevoort at (518) 580-1111.